LAST UPDATED: August 21, 2017
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify these Terms at any time. Any updated version supersedes and replaces any prior versions upon posting and the prior version is of no further force and effect unless we specifically state otherwise. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to indicate the last update date at the beginning of these Terms. You agree to note the last update date of the revision you read and agree to periodically check these Terms for changes. Your continued use of our Service following the posting of changes to these Terms means you accept those changes. You also affirmatively agree to the Terms and any material modifications to the Terms.
You cannot use our service if you are not the age of majority in the state in which you reside.
This legal agreement is made between you and us. You agree to abide by these Terms and not to use the Service or any part thereof in any manner not expressly permitted by these Terms. Except for the rights expressly granted to you by these Terms, we do not grant any right, title, or interest to you in the Service.
1. License to Use Service. During your Maple membership, subject to these Terms and your payment of any applicable required fees for specific features, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Service within the United States and its territories (the “License”).
This License shall remain in effect until and unless terminated by you or us. We may revoke and/or terminate the foregoing License with respect to any aspect of the Service at any time, for any or no reason.
We reserve the right to add, delete, and change features on the Service from time to time.
2. Registering to Use and Accessing Maple. Users of Maple must sign up and login with third-party authentication through Google, Microsoft, or Facebook in order to access the Service and establish a Maple account. Your Maple account is not transferable and may not be assigned.
3. Security Responsibility. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Maple account. It is your responsibility to safeguard access of your Maple account through the third party service you use to access Maple. We have no control over your third party account and cannot prevent others from logging on to Maple through your account. We ask that you follow good cyber security practices by changing passwords, using secured connections, and logging out of services while away to keep your Maple account secure. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your Maple account secure.
4. Minors. By using our Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in your state of residence and therefore have the right, authority, and capacity to accept and abide by these Terms. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any misrepresentations regarding a user’s age or for the unauthorized use of our Service by a minor.
5. Purchases. Purchases made for additional features or levels of the Service are associated to your Maple Account and are not transferrable or applied to more than one Maple Account if you elect to maintain multiple Maple Accounts. For any purchases made through our Service, we may use one or more third party payment processors (“Payment Processor”), such as Stripe or Amazon, to facilitate payment by credit card. We do not obtain or retain your credit card information. We note that if you use Stripe to submit payment, your payment information is transmitted directly to the Payment Processor, even though you enter your credit card information into a form on Maple’s platform. The Payment Processor receives your credit card information and processes your payment. The Payment Processor then forwards the payment and confirmation of payment to us. Payment conducted via a Payment Processor and using the Payment Processor’s services are subject to the terms and conditions set by that Payment Processor.
You agree to make payment via a Payment Processor using your credit card and you authorize us to charge your credit card via a Payment Processor. You agree to pay us all charges at the prices then in effect for any purchase made by you or other persons (including your agents) using your Maple account. In addition to paying the published price, you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes or client transaction fees in connection with your purchase. We reserve the right to change our pricing or the method or manner in which we charge for our Service at any time in our sole discretion and without further notice. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes in payment, even if payment has already been requested or received. You are also responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access the Service through an Internet access provider or other third party service.
a. One Time Purchases. Users may purchase additional features or levels of the Service (a “One Time Purchase”). Payment for any One Time Purchase is due in advance. A One Time Purchase is payable via credit card or Maple Credits in accordance with the pricing described in the Service or as otherwise communicated to you by us. Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment, you will receive access to the additional features. A One Time Purchase will continue for as long as your Maple account is active.
b. Subscriptions. Users may choose to purchase monthly paid subscriptions to activate certain additional features of the Service (a “Subscription”). Payment for any Subscription is due in advance. A Subscription is payable via credit card in accordance with the pricing described in the Service or as otherwise communicated to you by us. Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment, you will receive access to the additional features to which you have subscribed. Your Subscription will continue unless and until your Subscription is cancelled by you or terminated at our option. By agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge that any Subscription has a recurring payment component, and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation or termination of your Subscription. Subscriptions may not be transferred from one user of the Service to another user.
c. Recurring Payment. For recurring payments for purchases such as Subscriptions, we may submit periodic (e.g., monthly) charges to the Payment Processor without further authorization from you until you provide notice that you have cancelled the Subscription. Such notice will not affect charges submitted before we could reasonably act. If we do not receive payment from the Payment Processor, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Subscription upon demand.
d. Maple Credits. Users may choose to purchase Maple Credits for internal use on our Service. Payment for any Maple Credits is due in up front. Maple Credits can be purchased via credit card in accordance with the pricing described in the Service or as otherwise communicated to you by us. Once we have confirmed receipt of your payment, your account will be credited with the Maple Credits you purchased. Maple Credits may not be transferred from one user of the Service to another user. Maple Credits are not refundable. Credits do not expire while the account is active, but if your account is deactivated for any reason, any remaining credits will be deleted.
e. Email Communications. You acknowledge and agree that Payment Processors may send you electronic communications that include messages about the Service and/or your Subscriptions.
f. Current Information Required. You must provide current, complete, and accurate payment information for any Subscription you purchase. It is your responsibility to maintain a sufficient balance with the Payment Processor, and it is your responsibility to promptly update all information necessary to keep your Subscription and associated payment current, complete, and accurate (such as a change in billing address, credit card number, or credit card expiration date) with the Payment Processor. You must promptly notify the Payment Processor if your credit card is canceled (e.g., for loss or theft). If you fail to provide the Payment Processor with any of the foregoing information, you agree that we may continue charging you for any use of the Service under your Subscription unless you have cancelled your Subscription for the Service (confirmed by you in writing upon request by us) and that we may disable access to your Subscription until payment is received.
g. Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-cancellation or continued use of a Subscription to the Service reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your credit card via the Payment Processor. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you.
h. Refund Policy. You agree that all purchase payments are non-refundable.
i. Cancellation of Subscriptions. You may cancel your Subscription(s) or Maple account at any time. You will not be entitled to any refund of Subscription fees upon cancellation of your Subscription(s) or Maple account for any reason whatsoever. Upon cancellation, you will no longer be charged recurring payments for your cancelled Subscription(s). However, any Subscription payments already submitted are non-refundable. You will receive access to the Subscription you purchased until the end of the timeframe for which you have already paid. At the end of that timeframe, you will not be able to access the feature(s) purchased through your Subscription, but you will be able to view any content that you entered into Maple.
j. Deactivation of Account. You may deactivate your Maple account at any time. Periodically Maple account activity will be internally audited, and accounts that have not had any activity in the past 12 months will be deactivated.
6. Termination. You acknowledge and agree that, in our sole discretion, we may terminate your access to our Service for any reason, including, without limitation, your breach of these Terms. If your usage of the Service is terminated for any reason, any remaining portion of your purchases, including Subscriptions, is immediately forfeited.
You understand and agree that we are not required, and may be prohibited, from disclosing to you the reason for termination of your access to our Service. You acknowledge and agree that any termination of your access to our Service may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete any of your accounts and all related information and files in such accounts and/or bar any further access to such files or our Service. Further, you acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any costs or damages of any kind for or resulting from any termination of your access to our Service.
7. Communications from Maple. We may from time to time post notices to users at the top of Maple’s homepage (the “Dashboard”). You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we post to the Dashboard will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
8. Impermissible Use. In your use of our Service, you agree to act responsibly in a manner demonstrating the exercise of good judgment. For example and without limitation, you agree not to:
a. violate any applicable law or regulation,
b. use the information available through our Service for any unauthorized or unlawful purpose,
c. attempt to use, or use personal, financial, or other information that you are not authorized to use,
d. attempt to gain access to the information, accounts, computers, devices, servers, or networks of our Service or any other individual or entity,
e. interfere with or damage our Service,
f. infringe the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or contractual rights,
g. infringe on our intellectual property rights,
h. modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service or any software used on or for the Service,
i. remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right notices contained in the Service,
j. transmit any viruses, malware, or other harmful computer code onto the computers, devices, servers, or networks of our Service or any other individual or entity,
k. use our Service in connection with the distribution of spam or unsolicited commercial email,
l. harass any other user of our Service,
m. collect or store any information about any other user, other than in the course of the permitted use of our Service,
n. impersonate any person or entity,
o. upload or transmit illegal content to the Service,
p. engage in behavior that negatively affects the ability of other users to use or access our Service, or
q. assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
9. Intellectual Property. You acknowledge and agree that all content and materials not created by you and accessible via the Service are protected by either our rights, or the rights of our licensors or other third parties, of publicity, copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws, except as otherwise provided by these Terms. You may not use any of the marks, logos, domains, and trademarks accessible via the Service unless you have our written permission, except as otherwise provided by these Terms. Except for that information which is in the public domain, or for which you have been given express written permission by us, you agree not to sell, license, loan, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, broadcast, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from materials or content not created by you and accessible via the Service. Notwithstanding the above, you may use the content and materials accessible via the Service in the course of your normal use of our Service in accordance with these Terms. If you retain a copy of any content for your personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on such content.
10. Copyright Policy. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We voluntarily observe and comply with the United States’ Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). The DMCA governs all complaints in which an individual who either owns, or represents the owner of, copyrighted material is claiming that someone has misused their copyrighted materials without permission. All DMCA notifications should be sent to our designated copyright agents (“Copyright Agent”) in writing at:
DMCA Copyright Agent
R. Alliance, LLC
PO Box 575
Midlothian VA 23113
R. Alliance, LLC
PO Box 575
Midlothian VA 23113
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please send signed written notification to our Copyright Agent to the address listed above and including the following information:
a. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
b. Identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works or other intellectual property at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
c. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
d. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
e. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
f. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We reserve the right at any time to disable access to, or remove any material or activity accessible on or from our Service or any materials claimed to be infringing or based on facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent. Upon receiving notification that any content infringes a copyright, we may in our sole discretion take action without prior notification to the user who generated that content. If the user believes that the content is not infringing, the user may submit a counter-notification to us with a request to restore the removed content. We also reserve the right to terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of users who are repeat infringers under the DMCA.
11. Review of Offensive or Infringing Content. In the event we receive notification of a potential violation of these Terms, we reserve the right to review the alleged violation prior to taking action, and may, at our sole discretion, take action including, but not limited to, removing content, limiting access, or terminating access to the Service, or contacting and disclosing information to the relevant authorities. We reserve the right to remove any content or place any account on hold at any time, with or without notification to the user, in order to protect us, our users, or our affiliates from violative, infringing, or fraudulent activity. We are not obligated to credit or discount a subscriber for holds we place on their account.
14. Discontinuance or Interruption of Service. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any portion of our Service with or without prior notice. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification or discontinuance of our Service. While we will do our best to provide consistent service, there may be occasional delays or interruptions in service. We make no guarantees of uninterrupted service and you acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any inconvenience or harm resulting from any such delays or interruptions.
15. Representations and Warranties. You hereby represent and warrant to us that: (a) you have the full power and authority to enter into and perform under these Terms; (b) your use of our Service will not infringe or violate the copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or any other legal right of any third party; and (c) you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in using our Service and in engaging in all other activities arising from, relating to, or connected with these Terms, including, without limitation, contacting other users of our Service.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU AGREE THAT:
a. IF YOU USE OUR SERVICE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN AND SOLE RISK. OUR SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
b. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT (A) OUR SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) OUR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE, OR WILL ALWAYS WORK AS INTENDED; (C) ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN ON OUR SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (D) THE QUALITY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OUR SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; (E) ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE OR WE COLLECT WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES; (F) ANY MATERIAL OR FILES THAT YOU ACCESS WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY HAVE DAMAGING AFFECTS ON YOUR OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S COMPUTERS OR OTHER EQUIPMENT; (G) THIRD PARTIES WILL NOT USE YOUR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION IN AN UNAUTHORIZED MANNER; OR (H) ANY ERRORS IN ANY DATA OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, FAILURE OF THE SERVICE DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE OR COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING INJURY OR DAMAGE TO USERS OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON’S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ACCESSING MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTERS, OR DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM ANYONE’S USE OF OUR SERVICE, ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OUR SERVICE OR TRANSMITTED TO USERS, ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICE PROVIDED, ADVERTISED, OR ENDORSED BY THIRD PARTIES, OR ANY CONDUCT OR INTERACTIONS BETWEEN USERS OF OUR SERVICE, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE.
c. IF YOU ACCESS OR TRANSMIT ANY CONTENT THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SERVICE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH ACTIONS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE CONTENT POSTED ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY USERS OF OUR SERVICE OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE SERVICE. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, USER COMMUNICATIONS.
d. NO DATA, INFORMATION, OR ADVICE OBTAINED BY YOU IN ORAL OR WRITTEN FORM FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM OUR SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
17. Limits on liability. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING FROM, RELATING TO, OR CONNECTED WITH: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICE; (B) THE COST OF REPLACEMENT OF ANY GOODS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM OUR SERVICE; (C) DISCLOSURE OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT; (D) STATEMENTS, CONDUCT, OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY ON OUR SERVICE; (E) ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF R. ALLIANCE’S EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OWNERS, AND/OR AGENTS; (F) ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF OTHER USERS OF OUR SERVICE, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY REASON; OR (G) ANY OTHER MATTER ARISING FROM, RELATING TO, OR CONNECTED WITH OUR SERVICE OR THESE TERMS.
IN NO EVENT WILL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY MATTER ARISING FROM, RELATING TO, OR CONNECTED WITH OUR SERVICE OR THESE TERMS EXCEED THE SUM OF ANY AMOUNT YOU PAID US WITHIN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRIOR TO ANY ALLEGED DAMAGE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THESE TERMS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THESE TERMS.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THESE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE AN AGREED UPON ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN YOU AND US. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IF YOU DID NOT AGREE TO THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE ACCESS TO OUR SERVICE TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SUCH PROVISIONS ARE REASONABLE AND FAIR.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH READS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
18. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, and our subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, and each of our and their directors, officers, managers, members, partners, agents, other representatives, employees, successors, assigns, and customers (each an “Indemnified Party” and collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”), harmless from any claim, demand, action, damage, loss, cost, or expense, including without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs, investigation costs, and settlement expenses, incurred in connection with any investigation, claim, action, suit, or proceeding of any kind brought against any Indemnified Party arising out of your use of our Service, any alleged or actual infringement of the intellectual property rights by you of any party, any injury or damage to property or person by you, any act by you in connection with any user of this Service or any other third party, any business practices in which you engage or are alleged to engage, or alleging facts or circumstances that could constitute a breach by you of any provision of these Terms, and/or any of the representations and warranties set forth above. If you are obligated to indemnify an Indemnified Party, we and the Indemnified Party will have the right, in our sole discretion, to choose our attorneys, experts, and other advisers, conduct our own inquiry into the matter, control any investigation, action, or proceeding and determine if and how we wish to settle it. You agree that you will advance costs and expenses to any Indemnified Party. You agree to cooperate with the Indemnified Parties in connection with any investigation, claim, action, or proceeding covered by this Section.
19. Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
a. Scope. All disputes, controversies, and causes of action (in tort, contract, by statute, or otherwise) (“Disputes”), including, without limitation, Disputes arising from or relating to this Arbitration Provision (including the interpretation, breach, termination, and invalidity thereof) or the relationship that results from these Terms shall be resolved by binding arbitration by a single independent and impartial arbitrator under the applicable Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) (www.adr.org).
You agree that the arbitration proceedings and arbitration award shall be maintained as strictly confidential and shall not be disclosed except as required by court order, to confirm, vacate, or enforce the award, and in confidence to the parties’ respective attorneys and tax advisors.
Arbitration replaces the right to go to court, and therefore the parties waive any right that you or we might otherwise have had to a jury trial or the opportunity to litigate any claims in court before either a judge or jury. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to pursue the protection of intellectual property rights and confidential information and to stop other illegal activities through injunctive relief or other equitable relief through the courts.
b. Venue. The exclusive venue for the arbitration shall be Chesterfield County, Virginia.
c. Governing Law. These Terms involve transactions between the parties in interstate commerce and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 USC § 1-19. The substantive law of the State of Virginia (excluding its conflicts of law provisions) shall apply to all Disputes and the Terms.
d. Limit of Liability. The parties waive and the Arbitrator shall not be empowered to grant damages or relief in excess of those permitted by these Terms.
e. Survival and Severability. This Arbitration provision shall survive the termination of your account with Maple. If any portion of this Arbitration provision is deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall nevertheless remain in force.
20. Assignment. You do not have the right to assign these Terms or any of your rights to our Service to anyone. R. Alliance, LLC has the right to assign any or all of its rights and obligations under these Terms or to the Service to any third party. Provided such rights and obligations are assumed by such third party, R. Alliance, LLC shall be relieved of any and all liability under these Terms and, in such event, you hereby agree to release R. Alliance, LLC and its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated entities or its or their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns of all liability, claims, charges, damages, and causes of action.
21. Notices. Notices shall be deemed received when delivered.